Dr. Arya is the Medical Director and Chairman of Pathology Department at UPMC McKeesport and a pathologist at UPMC McKeesport.
Dr. Arya is an anatomical and clinical pathologist with subspecialty training in surgical pathology and cytopathology.
Board certified (American Board of Pathology) in Anatomical and Clinical Pathology
Cytopathology (UPMC fellowship) and Surgical Pathology (Mayo Clinic Fellowship)
Board certified (American Board of Pathology) in Cytopathology
His main areas of interest include exfoliative cytology, aspiration cytology and gastrointestinal pathology.
View Dr. Arya's publications on PubMed
Khanam R, Pachika PS, Arya P, Bierenbaum J, Kane K, Saha P. "A Tale of 2 Demons"-Concomitant Presence of Hepatocellular Carcinoma and Primary Neuroendocrine Tumor of Liver: A Case Report and Review of Literatures. J Investig Med High Impact Case Rep. 2021 Jan-Dec;9:23247096211043397. doi: 10.1177/23247096211043397. PMID: 34472368; PMCID: PMC8419549.
- Li Z, Pantanowitz L, Khalbuss W, Arya P, Monaco S. "Challenges in diagnosing metastatic breast carcinoma in fluid cytology". Diagnostic Cytopathology. March 2014.
- Arya P, Khalbuss W, Monaco S, Pantanowitz L. "Melamed-Wolinska Bodies". Diagnostic Cytopathology. 40(2):150-1. Feb 2012.
- Arya P, Khalbuss W, Monaco S, Pantanowitz L. "Salivary Duct Carcinoma with Striking Neutrophil-Tumor Cell Cannibalism". CytoJournal 8:15, 2011.
- James C, Woods A, Arya P, Abuelgasim K. "Mesothelioma in an HIV/AIDS Patient without History of Asbestos Exposure: Possible Role for Immunosuppression in Mesothelioma". Cases Journal, May 2009
- Arya P, Shamloo B, Zhang V. "Unilateral Orbital and Uveal Metastasis as an Initial Presentation of Adenocarcinoma of Lung". Arch Pathol Lab Med. Vol 132, Sep 2008.