Dr. Bartholow is the director of adult autopsy services for the UPMC Hospitals, Director of the Autopsy and Forensic Pathology Center of Excellence at UPMC, as well the Medical Director of the Human Gifts Registry.
Dr. Bartholow is an Autopsy and Forensic Pathologist, and prior UPMC Pathology Resident. In his career, he has specialized not only in the performance of autopsies, but also in providing courtroom testimony and helping families through the grieving process surrounding the death of their loved ones.
Dr. Bartholow has previously served as a fellow at the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office in Pittsburgh, PA, and afterwards, as a Deputy Coroner/Forensic Pathologist at the Franklin County Coroner's Office in Columbus, Ohio, and the Mahoning County Coroner's Office in Youngstown, Ohio, before returning home to Pittsburgh. Dr. Bartholow brings with him testimony experience in both the states of Ohio and Pennsylvania, and he is also engaged in the review of consultation materials.
American Board of Pathology - Anatomic, Clinical and Forensic Pathology
Autopsy and Forensic Pathology
Dr. Bartholow's areas of research interest are focused on pathology education, autopsy and forensic pathology, and pathology informatics.
- Bartholow TL, Peck-Palmer OM. Cyst, what art thou? Clinical Chemistry. 2014 Nov; 60(11): 1459.
- Singhi AD, Nikiforova MN, Fasanella KE, McGrath KM, Pai RK, Ohori NP, Bartholow TL, et al. Preoperative GNAS and KRAS testing in the diagnosis of pancreatic mucinous cysts. Clin Cancer Res. 2014 Aug; 20(16). 4381-4389.
- Singhi AD, Pai RK, Kant JA, Bartholow TL, et al. The histopathology of PRSS1 hereditary pancreatitis. American Journal of Surgical Pathology. 2014 Mar; 38(3):346-53.
- Bartholow TL, Parwani AV. Primitive renal neuroectodermal tumors. Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine. 2012 June; 136(6):686-90.
- Bartholow TL, Becich MJ, Chandran UR, Parwani AV. Immunohistochemical staining of Slit2 in primary and metastatic prostatic adenocarcinoma. Translational Oncology 2011 Oct; 4(5):314-20. Epub 2011 Oct 1.
- Bartholow TL, Becich MJ, Chandran UR, Parwani AV. Immunohistochemical analysis of ezrin-radixin-moesin-binding phosphoprotein 50 in prostatic adenocarcinoma. BMC Urology 2011 Jun 14; 11:12
- Bartholow TL, Chandran UR, Becich MJ, Parwani AV. Immunohistochemical profiles of claudin-3 in primary and metastatic prostatic adenocarcinoma. Diagn Pathol. 2011 Jan 21;6:12.
- Bartholow TL, Chandran UR, Becich MJ, Parwani AV. Immunohistochemical staining of radixin and moesin in prostatic adenocarcinoma. BMC Clin Pathol. 2011 Jan 14;11:1.
- Bartholow TL, Parwani AV, Becich MJ. Blueprint for LIS of the Future. Critical Values 2011 Apr 4(2): 24-28