Dr. Naous is a member of the Division of Anatomic Pathology, the Director of Bone and Soft Tissue Pathology Fellowship Program, and a member of the Division of Cytopathology.
- American Board Certified in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology
- American Board Certified in Cytopathology
- American Board Certified in Hematopathology
My clinical expertise includes Bone and Soft tissue Pathology, Cytopathology and General Surgical Pathology. I am American Board Certified in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, Cytopathology and Hematopathology.
My research interests include the implementation of cyto/histo-morphology, cytogenetics and molecular testing as diagnostic and prognostic tools in Bone and Soft Tissue tumors.
- Lal DN, El-Zammar O, Naous R, Damron TA. Intra-articular Extraskeletal EWSR1-Negative NR4A3-Positive Myxoid Chondrosarcoma: A Case Report. JBJS Case Connect. Apr-Jun 2020;10(2):e0614.
- Gomez M, Whiting K, Naous R. Alveolar soft part sarcoma presenting as a uterine polyp: A case report. SAGE Open Med Case Rep. 2020 Mar 4;8:2050313X20910598.
- Murtaza H, Arain AR, Anoushiravani A, Thadani S, de la Roza G, Naous R, Damron TA. Cytokeratin-Positive Osteosarcoma Simulating Sarcomatoid Metastatic Carcinoma. Case Rep Orthop. 2020 Feb 4;2020:3761015.
- Rana Naous, Katsuhiro Kobayashi, Kamal Khurana. Dynamic Telecytopathology Guided Rapid Onsite Assessment of Percutaneous Image guided Fine Needle Aspiration of Hepatic Lesions: An Institutional review of 178 cases. Telemed J E Health. 2019 Oct 29. doi: 10.1089/tmj.2019.0185. [Epub ahead of print]
- Perez, D., Naous, R. Fine-needle aspiration cytology of the apocrine variant of epithelial-myoepithelial carcinoma. Diagnostic Cytopathology. 2019 Aug 21. doi: 10.1002/dc.24308. [Epub ahead of print]
- Yepuri, N., Naous, R., Meier, A., Cooney, R., Kittur, D., Are, C., Jain, A., Dhir, M. A systematic review and meta-analysis of predictors of recurrence in patients with Solid Pseudopapillary Tumors of the Pancreas. HPB (Oxford). 2019 Jul 23. pii: S1365-182X(19)30592-1. [Epub ahead of print]
- Yepuri N., Naous R., Meier A., Cooney R., Jain A., Kittur D, Dhir M. Predictors of recurrence in patients with Solid Pseudopapillary Tumors of the Pancreas: A systematic review and meta-analysis of over 2500 patients. HPB Surg. 2018,20 (S1), S36-S110.
- Hudson S, Wang D, Middleton F, Nevaldine BH, Naous R, Hutchison RE. Crizotinib induces apoptosis and gene expression changes in ALK+ anaplastic large cell lymphoma cell lines; brentuximab synergizes and doxorubicin antagonizes. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2018 Aug;65(8):e27094.
- Yepuri N, Naous R, Richards C, Kittur D, Jain A, Dhir M. Nonoperative Management May Be a Viable Approach to Plexiform Neurofibroma of the Porta Hepatis in Patients with Neurofibromatosis-1. HPB Surg. 2018 Apr 15;2018:7814763.
- Naous R, Zhang S, Valente A, Stemmer M, Khurana K. Utility of Immunohistochemistry and ETV6 (12p13) Gene Rearrangement in Identifying Secretory Carcinoma of Salivary Gland among Previously Diagnosed Cases of Acinic Cell Carcinoma. Pathology Research International, vol. 2017, Article ID 1497023, 7 pages, 2017. doi: 10.1155/2017/1497023.