Dr. Seethala is a member of the Division of Anatomic Pathology, Director of the Head and Neck/Endocrine Pathology Center of Excellence, Director of the Head and Neck/Endocrine Pathology Fellowship, Director of the Fluorescence in Situ Hybridization Laboratory, and Co-Director, Tissue/Histology/Imaging Core for the Head and Neck Specialized Program of Research Excellence.
Request Second Opinion/Consultation Form
Pathology material (glass slides and/or tissue blocks) should be sent to:
Attn: Lynn Wolkenstein
Administrative Assistant, Department of Anatomic Pathology
Presbyterian Campus - Suite A-616
200 Lothrop Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15213-2582
Anatomic and Clinical Pathology
Head and Neck and Endocrine Pathology
View Dr. Seethala's NIH RePORT on nih.gov.
Dr. Seethala's interests are in head and neck pathology, particularly salivary gland, bone and soft tissue, and parathyroid glands. Specific interests include biomarker validation in head and neck cancer and tissue banking.
View Dr. Seethala's publications on PubMed.
- Seethala RR, Barnes EL, Hunt JL. Epithelial-myoepithelial carcinoma: a review of the clinicopathologic spectrum and immunophenotypic characteristics in 61 tumors of the salivary glands and upper aerodigestive tract. Am J Surg Pathol. 2007 Jan;31(1):44-57
- Seethala RR, Hunt JL, Baloch ZW, LiVolsi VA, Barnes EL. Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma with High-grade Transformation: A Report of 11 Cases and a Review of the Literature. Am J Surg Pathol. 2007 Nov;31(11): 1683-1694
- Oakley GJ, Fuhrer K, Seethala RR. Brachyury, SOX-9, and podoplanin, new markers in the skull base chordoma vs chondrosarcoma differential: a tissue microarray-based comparative analysis. Mod Pathol. 2008 Dec;21(12):1461-9. Epub 2008 Sep 2
- Seethala RR, Dacic S, Nikiforov YE, Cieply K, DiPaola J and Nikiforova MN, A Reappraisal of the MECT1/MAML2 Translocation in Salivary Mucoepidermoid Carcinomas. Am J Surg Pathol. 2010 Aug;34(8):1106-21
- Antonescu CR, Katabi N, Zhang L, Sung YS, Seethala RR, Jordan RC, Perez-Ordoñez B, Have C, Asa SL, Leong IT, Bradley G, Klieb H, Weinreb I. EWSR1-ATF1 fusion is a novel and consistent finding in hyalinizing clear-cell carcinoma of salivary gland. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2011 Jul;50(7):559-70. Epub 2011 Apr 11.
- Chênevert J, Duvvuri U, Chiosea S, Dacic S, Cieply K, Kim J, Shiwarski D, Seethala RR. DOG1: a novel marker of salivary acinar and intercalated duct differentiation. Mod Pathol. 2012 Mar 30. doi: 10.1038/modpathol.2012.57. [Epub ahead of print]
- Chiosea SI, Griffith C, Assaad A, Seethala RR. The profile of acinic cell carcinoma after recognition of mammary analog secretory carcinoma. Am J Surg Pathol. 2012 Mar;36(3):343-50.