Dr. Zambrano is a member of the Division of Pediatric Pathology.
- Pediatric and developmental disorders
- Pediatric solid tumors
- Perinatal and placental pathology
- Adult and pediatric bone and soft tissue tumors
Education & Training
Medical Doctorate: School of Medicine, Catholic University of Santiago of Guayaquil, Ecuador
Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Molecular Biology: Inter-University Post Graduate Programme of Tropical Molecular Biology, Faculty of Sciences, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
Combined Anatomic and Clinical Pathology Residency Programs: Departments of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, Yale-New Haven Hospital, New Haven, CT
Clinical Fellow in Pediatric Pathology: Harvard Medical School, Boston Children's Hospital, Boston, MA
My research interests are predominantly in the areas of pediatric and developmental pathology, musculoskeletal pathology, and molecular pathology. One of my main areas of interest has been the study of pediatric and adult bone and soft tissue neoplasms, aimed at expanding the knowledge and understanding of the molecular basis for these tumors through the analysis of their underlying chromosomal abnormalities and genetic mutations.
View Dr. Zambrano's publications on PubMed
- Weiss AR, Chen YL, Scharschmidt TJ, Chi YY, Tian J, Black JO, Davis JL, Fanburg-Smith JC, Zambrano E et al.(2020) Pathological response in children and adults with large unresected intermediate-grade or high-grade soft tissue sarcoma receiving preoperative chemoradiotherapy with or without pazopanib (ARST1321): a multicentre, randomised, open-label, phase 2 trial. Lancet Oncol. Aug;21(8):1110-1122.
- Tan S, Szymanski LJ, Galliani C, Parham D, Zambrano E. (2018) Solitary fibrous tumors in pediatric patients: A rare and potentially overdiagnosed neoplasm, confirmed by STAT6 immunohistochemistry. Pediatr Dev Pathol. Jul-Aug;21(4):389-400.
- Charville GW, Varma S, Forgó E, Dumont SN, Zambrano E, Trent JC, Lazar AJ, van de Rijn M. (2016) PAX7 Expression in Rhabdomyosarcoma, Related Soft Tissue Tumors, and Small Round Blue Cell Neoplasms. Am J Surg Pathol. 40(10):1305-15.
- Suster S, Ortega P, Suster D, Falconieri G, Zambrano E, Moran CA, Morrison C. (2015) Liposarcomas of the posterior mediastinum: Clinicopathologic study of 18 cases. Modern Pathology. 28(5):721-31.
- A Poultsides, TB Tran, E Zambrano, DG Mohler, MW Mell, RS Avedian, BC Visser, JT Lee, K Ganjoo, EJ Harris, JA Norton. (2015) Sarcoma resection with and without vascular reconstruction: A Matched Case-Control Study. Annals of Surgery. 262(4):632-40.
- Stockman DL, Miettinen M, Suster S, Spagnolo D, Dominguez-Malagon H, Hornick JL, Adsay V, Chou PM, Amanuel B, VanTuinen P, Zambrano EV. (2012) Malignant gastrointestinal neuroectodermal tumor (GNET): clinicopathologic, immunohistochemical, ultrastructural and molecular analysis of 16 cases with a reappraisal of clear cell sarcoma-like tumor of the gastrointestinal tract. American Journal of Surgical Pathology. 36(6):857-68.